The CRDCN is supported by the Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR), the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC), the Canada Foundation for Innovation, Statistics Canada, 44 universities across Canada (including the institutions that host RDCs), and a number of other national and provincial agencies and organizations.
In 2016, a collaborative agreement among SSHRC and CIHR was developed to continue jointly supporting and expanding the CRDCN. The specific goals of this collaboration and funding were to:
- Make available a wide range of relevant and sought-after Statistics Canada microdata to researchers across Canada;
- Expand the pool of skilled quantitative researchers in Canada and support training of the next generation of researchers;
- Implement a knowledge transfer plan around the projects being undertaken in the Network;
- Strategically engage a broad range of new and existing partners to support Network activities; and
- Explore new ways in which the Network can increase accessibility and availability of data.
- Date modified: