Strategic Training Initiative in Health Research (STIHR)
The Strategic Training Initiative in Health Research (STIHR) is a CIHR program that aims to increase Canada's international competitiveness in attracting new, bright, creative research talent and to ensure innovation and excellence in the next generation of Canadian health research training programs. Through the STIHR, individual training programs receive funding that provides stipends for research trainees.
CIHR supports the following STIHR grants in population health intervention research:
- CIHR/NCCPH Training Grant in Population Health Intervention Research Network (PHIRNET)
- CIHR Training Program in Transdisciplinary Research on Public Health Interventions: Promotion, Prevention and Public Policy (4P)
- The CIHR ACHIEVE Research Partnership: Action for Health Equity Interventions
- CIHR Strategic Training Grant in Public Health Policy
- The BRIDGE Program: CIHR Strategic Training Program in bridging public health, engineering and policy research
- CIHR Training Grant in Population Intervention for Chronic Disease Prevention: A Pan Canadian Program - Applications for training awards for full time graduate students due April 17, 2014 at 4:30 pm EDT. Visit the website for more information.
Training in Population Health Intervention Research, Evaluation and Knowledge Exchange
Proceedings from the June 2009 meeting are available upon request: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Date modified: