Contact Centre Service Standards
These service standards publicly state the level of performance that clients can reasonably expect to receive from the Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR) under normal circumstances.
To deliver high quality responses that meet the needs of our community, we have established standards to ensure we provide knowledgeable, accessible and fair service that is timely, professional and courteous. We strive to continuously enhance our commitment to our community by developing, monitoring, reporting, and improving on these service standards.
CIHR is committed to ensuring that it is providing high quality answers to all inquiries received. To achieve this, CIHR will:
- communicate in the official language of the client's choice;
- provide service during regular business hours, from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Time;
- provide responses that are accurate, concise, and relevant to the request.
Depending on the nature of the inquiry, response times will vary. To ensure prompt service, CIHR will respond to:
- inquiries regarding system support and access (ResearchNet, Common CV) within 1 business day of receipt;
- inquiries regarding eligibility, policy interpretation, competition processes and post-award/grant administration within 2 business days;
- Peer review grievances and inquiries within 5 business days.
In the event that an answer cannot be provided within the specified timeframe, CIHR will acknowledge receipt of the inquiry within the designated timeframe and provide an alternate response date.
Please forward any concerns with the quality and promptness of responses to the manager of the Contact Centre at: CCmanager-CCgestionnaire@cihr.gc.ca.
For all inquiries please contact us at:
Toll free: 1-888-603-4178
- Date modified: