eHealth Innovations Catalyst Grant 20132013-08
Application deadline: October 15, 2013
The CIHR Institute of Health Services and Policy Research (IHSPR) has re-launched the eHealth Innovations Catalyst Grant in partnership with the CIHR Institute of Aging (IA) and the International Development Research Centre (IDRC).
Friday August 23, 2013
1 – 2:30 p.m. (EDT)
Contact us for information on the webinar
Funding opportunity objectives
The aim of the eHealth Innovations Catalyst Grant is to fund novel approaches to ehealth innovation that will improve the quality of patient and population centered care and improve Canada's competitive position in the ehealth innovation industry. The proposed research must evaluate cost and at least one of the domains of quality including effectiveness, efficiency, equity, patient centeredness, safety and timeliness.
Eligible research areas
Funding will enable eligible applicants to conduct research in relevant research areas, including:
- Patient-centred eHealth: empowering patients to manage chronic conditions and improve their health
- New generation health professional: decision-support tools to enable individualized care
- Timely detection and intervention: new tools for monitoring population health
- Integrated solutions to support the continuum of personal and population-based care
- Strengthening accountability and improving equitable access
- IDRC specific: the above research areas, conducted in a low or middle-income country (LMIC) of sub-Saharan Africa, Asia, and Latin America and the Caribbean
Who can apply
Alongside usual CIHR applicant guidelines, an end-user (i.e., patient, clinician or end-user analyst) must be part of the project team. Applicants are encouraged to collaborate with industry partners to maximize potential outcomes.
Please note: For IDRC-related applications, the nominated principal applicant must be from a LMIC.
Details of the funding opportunity are live and applications are now being accepted:
- Date modified: