ICRH Strategic research priorities
Strategic Priorities 2013-2016
ICRH identified the following 4 objectives, which align with CIHR’s strategic directions:
- ICRH Objective 1: Increase the number and competitiveness of ICRH researchers in national and international grant competitions
- ICRH Objective 2: Achieve better balance across the four CIHR research themes in ICRH-relevant fields
- ICRH Objective 3: Enlarge the clinical trials activity in ICRH fields, particularly in respiratory health and stroke, and increase international collaborations in clinical trials
- ICRH Objective 4: Enhance transparency in priority-setting, planning, and decision-making
To advance the above objectives, ICRH is focusing on the following four major priorities to guide its programs and activities:
- Enhance capacity, competitiveness, and impact through networking;
- Target training, mentoring and early career development to promote capacity building;
- Enhance opportunities for clinical, population health and health services research through cohort linkage and data enhancement; and
- Contribute to the advancement of relevant CIHR Roadmap Signature initiatives relevant to ICRH.
For more information, please consult ICRH’s Strategic Plan 2013-16.
- Date modified: